Acidity affects all body organs, the skin, intestines, brain, bones, lungs, liver, kidneys, and heart.So if the environment in the body is excessively acidic, the body will suffer from numerous health issues.As soon as the body enters a state of acidosis, the body is a perfect environment for multiple ailments and diseases, and it will become a subject of chronic inflammation, which is the leading cause of various diseases.
Processed foods and modern, unhealthy diets, keep the body in a constantly acidic state, so the important minerals are eradicated from the body, in an attempt to neutralize and eliminate the acid.
This is the reason why numerous people suffer from osteoporosis – as the vital minerals for the bones, such as calcium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium, are removed from the body. When they are entirely depleted, the body becomes even more acidic, and major diseases, like cancer, take place.
Most meats, dairy products, soy, and grains are acidic. Also, alcohol, refined sugar, coffee, highly processed foods, sugar replacements and GMO oils (and GMO foods) are all highly acidic.
Therefore, when we consume them and they are metabolized, the body generates acidic waste products, which should be neutralized and eliminated. Alkaline foods are the ones which neutralize them and should be consumed in high amounts.
These are the 20 symptoms of an excessively acidic state of the body:
- Skin issues like eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis of all types
- Immune deficiency
- Sinus Issues
- Joint pain and aching muscles
- Excess mucus/phlegm
- Chronic Fatigue
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Cardiovascular damage due to acidic plaques – increased risk of heart attack and stroke
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia
- Chest Pain
- Candida and yeast infections
- Chronic Cough
- Stomach issues including bloating, indigestion, acid reflux and excess gas
- Weight gain and/or obesity
- Reduced mental clarity
- Cavities and sensitive gums
- Sciatica and stiff neck
The tissues and the fluids in the body are alkaline, except for the stomach, and when it is too acidic, other tissues take alkalizing elements from other body areas and form a less-than-optimal environment in the areas of the taken elements. Therefore, when the body tries to regulate the pH levels on its own, other body systems lose their proper state.
Hence, we need to assist the body in the alkalization, by changing the diet and the lifestyle.
Here are several ways which can help you reduce the acidity in the body:
- You should drink plenty of water to help the body flush the toxins and other harmful substances.
- Lemon water can help you regulate the pH levels in the body.
- Consume more alkaline-forming foods, like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, and legumes.
- Increase the intake of greens, as they are highly alkalizing. You can consume them in the form of salads, green juices, and smoothies.
- Avoid acidic foods, or reduce their intake to at least one a week. This means that you should limit the use of dairy, pastries, meat, coffee, soda, eggs, popcorn, soy, seafood, alcohol, sweeteners, white vinegar, wheat products, and fish.
- Avoid GMO foods.
- Note that the pH balance of the body is significantly affected by your emotional state, so you should learn to control anger, fear, stress, resentment and jealousy. Try to find something that relaxes you, for instance, reading, yoga, swimming, or meditation.
We are the ones responsible for our own health, so make sure you provide the best conditions for your body in order to maintain its optimal state and live in health and wellbeing. Thus, you will be happier and full of energy and joy every single day.