Dr. K R Prasanna Kumar is a Radiation Oncologist associated with the HCG Hospital in Chennai. On an education level, he completed his DNB in Radiation Oncology after his graduation. Dr. Kumar is a medical specialist he handles management of patients with cancer, in particular, involving the use of radiation therapy (also called radiotherapy) as one aspect of their cancer treatment. He also has an expertise in the treatment of non-malignant conditions with radiation therapy. Radiation oncologists work closely with other medical specialists, especially surgeons, medical oncologists and palliative care physicians, as part of a multidisciplinary team caring for patients with cancer. As a radiation oncologist he is responsible for assessing the patient by clinical evaluation, and organizing imaging and other tests, in order to establish a management plan for an individual. You can get the phone number of Dr. K R Prasanna Kumar on Timesmed.com.
- MBBS - Madurai Medical College - 2008
- DNB - Radiotherapy - Obstetrics & Gynecology - National Board of Examinations - New Delhi - 2013
- Radiation Oncologist
Awards and Recognitions
- 2014 - 2015 - Registrar at Apollo Cancer Hospital
- 2015 - Present - Junior Consultant at HCG Hospital
- 84052 - Tamil Nadu Medical Council - 2008