Doctor Tanvir Reza is specialize in the quick diagnosis and full treatment of all chest diseases and sleep disorders. With more than 20 years of experience as a pulmonologist, He has been successfully treating patients like you or your dear ones, with various lung diseases and problems of the respiratory tract, using the skills acquired in the service of specialty hospitals of the U. K, and practiced in Kolkata. You will find utmost assurance and comfort while consulting him regarding minor or critical chest ailments. He believes in taking holistic care of your chest, lungs and its related illnesses so that you can breathe easy and sleep well. As a specialist in a chest and critical care:Chest diseases cause maximum distress but are the most neglected of the major specialties. Not many people know about pulmonologists and so, are treated inadequately or inappropriately. Anyone who has looked after a Bronchitis patient at home with nebulizer, oxygen and BIPAP will know what he say. These patients do not suffer so much if diagnosed early. "The Doctor’s Vision:“He wants to make people aware of our specialty in diagnosis, prevention and treatment of pulmonary diseases and obstructive sleep apnea. Most importantly show them how we can help them live healthy lives in polluted metros, like Kolkata. "The Doctor’s Mission:“There is an immense scope of work in respiratory medicine in East India. Most people are not aware of the advancement of diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases. There is also a shortage of experienced doctors in this field. So, rather than letting people go to Mumbai for the same, we could provide them an efficient service here in Kolkata. ”Research ExperienceA relentless researcher, Dr. Reza is still interested in Research to further solidify his skills for the benefit of his patients. His research years in Dr. Reza’s words:“Role of Intravenous Aminophylline in the acute exacerbation of COPD” - had been passed by the South Humberside Ethics Committee. It was a double blind, randomised controlled trial, which analyzed the role of IV Aminophylline in acute exacerbation of COPD he was looking towards assessing short-term improvement in lung function and duration of stay in hospital. Unfortunately, with changing of jobs, he could not complete the study. The M. I. S. T. Trial was a multicentre trial and in Reading, we had to identify patients with empyema, check for their eligibility for the trial and then get them onto it. After he returns to India, the trial was completed and published in the New England Journal of Medicine. With the Talc Pleurodesis Trial, we were looking into keeping the drain in for 24 hours instead of the usual 48 hours. The trial has been completed and abstract presented at the European Respiratory Society. Thoracic Vent Trial - this device is being used in America for treatment of pneumothorax. We were running a multicentre trial looking into the feasibility of using it in the U. K. he has also taken part in trials by pharmaceutical companies like Astra Zeneca. You can book an instant appointment with Dr. Tanvir Reza on Timesmed. com.
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Respiratory Tract Infection
- Respiratory Conditions
- Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
- Bronchial Asthma Treatment
- Childhood Asthma
- Tuberculosis (TB) Treatment
- Specialty Diagnostics in Tuberculosis
- Chronic Cough
- Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Treatment
- Interstitial Lung Disease Treatment
- Pneumonia Treatment
- Sleep Apnea
- Central Venous Canulation
- Bone Marrow Aspiration.
- MBBS - Medical College - Calcutta - 1988
- D.T.M.H - Tropical School of Medicine - Calcutta - 1994
- MRCP (UK) - Royal College Of Physician - London - 1997.
- Respiratory Therapy Specialist
- Tuberculous and chest Diseases Specialist.
Awards and Recognitions
- Indian Chest Society
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- Course in :In - house “TREATMENT IN RESUSCITATION” - at Good Hope Hospital
- Course in Child protection meeting January 1999
- Completed Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) courses in 2015.
- 2000 - 2003
- Physician - Respiratory Medicine at Royal Berks and Battle Hospital NHS Trust - Reading U.K (Berkshire)
- 1999 - 2000
- Specialist Registrar - Respiratory Medicine at Diana - Princess of Wales Hospital NHS Trust - Grimsby. U.K
- 1998 - 1999
- Registrar at Neath District and General Hospital NHS Trust. U.K.
- 1996 - 1998
- Senior House Officer - Medical Rotation - Two year rotation consisting of posts in: Elderly Medicine - Cardiology - Respiratory Medicine–6 months - Gastroenterology and Neuro - rehabilitation at Good Hope Hospital NHS Trust - Sutton Coldfield. Birmingham. U.K.
- 1995 - 1996
- Senior House Officer In Medicine - A Year’s Post - Rotating Between The Following Specialities: Elderly Medicine And General Medicine(Respiratory Medicine - 3 Months) at Dewsbury and District Hospital NHS Trust. U.K..
- West Bengal Medical Council - 1991.