CONSULT SUPER SPECIALITY DOCTORS
Dr. Rishikesh V Behere is a clinician and researcher in Psychiatry. As a clinician, he has been closely working on mental health issues related to stress and its effect on the human mind and providing professional scientific evidence based treatments. As a researcher, he firmly believes in 'Translational Research' where the benefits of the results of research should translate into better care. He did his MD training in Psychiatry from the prestigious National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, India and is a former associate professor in a department of psychiatry, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal. He is currently a consultant psychiatrist and independent researcher at Pune. He has been working in the field of psychiatry since 2005. mental health is essentially defined by 3 components – the way you think (thoughts), the way you feel (emotions) and the way you behave (behavior) and these need to be in perfect sync with your physical health for you to perform effectively and efficiently as an individual. A disturbance in any one of them can disturb the sync and seriously undermine your efficiency as an individual. If you want to be healthy it is equally important to care for your mental health as well, His consultation involves a professional, individualized and scientific approach to understanding the unique factors causing stress in each person. A comprehensive treatment program is discussed with the clients. While medication helps in quick control of symptoms placing the client on the path to recovery, psychotherapy involving cognitive-behavioral principles and understanding the mind-body relationship helps in correcting the incorrect thought process and equips the client to handle stress better, hence enhancing the chances of preventing future recurrences of stress-related disorders. You can book an instant appointment with Dr. Rishikesh Behere on Timesmed.com.
- Sleep and Sexual Disorders
- Relationship Problems
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Disorders Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Treatment
- Child and Adolescent guidance
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Dementia Treatment
- Post Neurosurgical And Head Injury Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Stress Related To Chronic Medical Conditions And Chronic Pain
- Drug and Behavioral Sddictions
- Depression Counselling
- Anxiety Disorder Counselling
- Family Counseling
- Marriage/ Marital Counselling
- Stress Management Counselling
- Schizophrenia Treatment
- Strange Behavior
- Learning Disability (Dyslexia) Treatment
- DeAddiction Counselling
- Nicotine/Tobacco (Smoking) De-addiction Treatment.
- MD - Psychiatry - National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) - 2008
- MBBS - Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences - Bangalore - India - 2003.
- Psychosomatic Specialist
Awards and Recognitions
Award for Work in Dementia From Faculty of Old Age Psychiatry Royal College of Psychiatrists United Kingdom - 2015
Tilak Venkoba Rao Oration Award From Indian Psychiatric Society - 2013
Young Psychiatrist Award for Valuable Clinical Academic and Research Contributions to Indian Psychiatry - 2012
Bhagawat Award for Best Research Paper Presented at Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society - 2011
Early Career Investigator Award From Schizophrenia Research Institute Awarded at The 11th Biennial Australasian Schizophrenia Conference September Sydney Australia - 2010
Dr S S Jayaram Award for Best Original Research Paper Presented At The Annual National Conference of The Indian Psychiatric Society South Zone - 2009
Young Psychiatrist Award at 2nd World Congress Of Asian Psychiatry at Taipei November From The Asian Federation of Psychiatric Associations - 2009
International Young Investigator Award From International Congress on Schizophrenia Research Dallas - texas Usa at The The International Congress on Schizophrenia Research Sandiego USA - 2009.
- Indian Psychiatric Society
- International Early Psychosis Association.
- 2005 - 2008 Junior Resident in Psychiatry at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
- 2008 - 2011 Senior Resident in Psychiatry at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences
- 2011 - 2015 Assistant Professor & Department of Psychiatry at Kasturba Medical College
- Manipal University
- 2015 - 2016 Assistant Professor & Department of Psychiatry at Kasturba Medical College
- Manipal University
- 69038 - Karnataka Medical Council - 2004.